Live Online Training
Date: April 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, & 18, 2024
Time: 6:30pm - 9:30pm EST
- Enrollment window closes 48 hours prior to class start.
- Course will be published and able to be viewed one business day in advance to start date.
What you'll learn
Security is a concern for both customers in the cloud, and those considering cloud adoption. An increase in cyberattacks and data leaks remains top of mind for most industry personnel. The Security Engineering on AWS course addresses these concerns by helping you better understand how to interact and build with Amazon Web Services (AWS) in a secure way. In this course, you will learn about managing identities and roles, managing and provisioning accounts, and monitoring API activity for anomalies. You will also learn about how to protect data stored on AWS. The course explores how you can generate, collect, and monitor logs to help identify security incidents. Finally, you will review detecting and investigating security incidents with AWS services.
In this course, you will learn to:
- State an understanding of AWS cloud security based on the CIA triad.
- Create and analyze authentication and authorizations with IAM.
- Manage and provision accounts on AWS with appropriate AWS services.
- Identify how to manage secrets using AWS services.
- Monitor sensitive information and protect data via encryption and access controls.
- Identify AWS services that address attacks from external sources.
- Explore ways to simplify the connection configurations between applications and high-performance workloads across global networks
- Demonstrate the ability to configure a transit gateway in a lab environment
- Identify and discuss container solutions and define container management options
- Monitor, generate, and collect logs.
- Identify indicators of security incidents.
- Identify how to investigate threats and mitigate them using AWS services.
Security Engineering on AWS Course Outline
Ready to take your cloud knowledge to the next level? Enroll now.
Who should take this course?
This course is intended for:
- Security engineers
- Security architects
- Cloud architects
- Cloud operators working across all global segments.
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Completed the following courses:
- AWS Security Essentials or
- AWS Security Fundamentals (Second Edition) and
- Architecting on AWS
- Working knowledge of IT security practices and infrastructure concepts.
- Familiarity with the AWS Cloud.
Relevant Certification Path
To earn this relevant certification, you will need to take and pass the AWS Certified Security - Specialty exam. The prices for courses do not include exam costs for certifications.
Information and Policy
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Refund requests submitted 72 hours or more prior to class start will result in a full refund.
- Refunds will not be remitted less than 72 hours in advance of class or for non-attendance.