Live Online Training
Date: March 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, & 20, 2024
Time: 6:30pm - 9:30pm EST
- Enrollment window closes 48 hours prior to class start.
- Course will be published and able to be viewed one business day in advance to start date.
What you'll learn
This course teaches experienced developers how to programmatically interact with AWS services to build web solutions. It guides you through a high-level architectural discussion on resource selection and dives deep into using the AWS Software Development Kits (AWS SDKs) and Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) to build and deploy your cloud applications. You will build a sample application during this course, learning how to set up permissions to the development environment, adding business logic to process data using AWS core services, configure user authentications, deploy to AWS cloud, and debug to resolve application issues. The course includes code examples to help you implement the design patterns and solutions discussed in the course. The labs reinforce key course content and help you to implement solutions using the AWS SDK for Python, .Net, and Java, the AWS CLI, and the AWS Management Console.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Build a simple end-to-end cloud application using AWS Software Development Kits (AWS SDKs), Command Line Interface (AWS CLI), and IDEs.
- Configure AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) permissions to support a development environment.
- Use multiple programming patterns in your applications to access AWS services.
- Use AWS SDKs to perform CRUD (create, read, update, delete) operations on Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon DynamoDB resources.
- Build AWS Lambda functions with other service integrations for your web applications.
- Understand the benefits of microservices architectures and serverless applications to design.
- Develop API Gateway components and integrate with other AWS services.
- Explain how Amazon Cognito controls user access to AWS resources.
- Build a web application using Cognito to provide and control user access.
- Use DevOps methodology to reduce the risks associated with traditional application releases and identify AWS services that help in implementing DevOps practices.
- Use AWS Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM) to deploy an application.
- Observe your application build using Amazon X-Ray.
Developing on AWS Course Outline
Ready to take your cloud knowledge to the next level? Enroll now.
Who should take this course?
This course is intended for experienced:
- Software developers
- Solution architects
- IT workers who want to improve their developing skills using AWS Services
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Attended AWS Technical Essentials or have equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of AWS core services
- Programming experience in any one of the following languages:
Get a Completion Certificate
Share your certificate with prospective employers and your professional network on LinkedIn.s)
Relevant Certification Path
To earn this relevant certification, you will need to take and pass the AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam. The prices for courses do not include exam costs for certifications.
Information and Policy
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Refund requests submitted 72 hours or more prior to class start will result in a full refund.
- Refunds will not be remitted less than 72 hours in advance of class or for non-attendance.